Monday, May 14, 2012

NASA's pictures of the day.

Salam..


I've been spying on astrological pictures; galaxies, stars, black holes and everything out there, ever since I was a little girl. It was when I was 7 or 8 years old, Dad used to bring us - my sisters and Mum - to watch the stars outside at our balcony after dinner. My home was far from the city, and there's not even any road lamps to disturb the blinking stars from our view. It was spectacular, really, and I miss that moment dearly. We couldn't do that nowadays ever since we move into the village - I mean literally, because we've lived at the entrance, literally the entrance of the village - and we got neighbors, which means it's bright, and we can hardly see the stars.


That's why I love it when they cut the electricity. heh.

I remember that round constellation chart, you know, the one that they use as a reference for which stars appear at the north sky and which one on south's. Dad used to refer to that chart -it's just a small round paper - to tell us which is which. We even quizzed about which stars the brightest, and how many stars in the Orion. Such a good time. Totally missed it. 

Then I would read books about Stars and Galaxies and all that science facts about astrology (and I love Archaeology, too) in the school library. I can't write it in NILAM though, because I thought it's hard to write about that in the small page of the book. Even until I'm in the secondary school, that love never quits. 

Now thanks to NASA, I can view my beloved 'outside world' more briefly. Truly, there's always something new to discover, something new to marvel at, something new to prove how beautiful Allah's creation are; out there, in that black blanket of mystery. 

How I wish I was an astronaut. or an astro-photographer maybe? ^^

Now, take a peek at some beautiful pictures I found on NASA's website. A picture a day. Find some more on www.nasa.gov.

And btw, Kids can play games on NASA's website too, here

The Swan Glowing In Flight ; a part of Constellation Cygnus. SubhanAllah! 


Horizon
Flying at an altitude of about 240 miles over the eastern North Atlantic, the Expedition 30 crew aboard the International Space Station photographed this nighttime scene. This view looks northeastward. Center point coordinates are 46.8 degrees north latitude and 14.3 degrees west longitude. The night lights of the cities of Ireland, in the foreground, and the United Kingdom, in the back and to the right, are contrasted by the bright sunrise in the background. The greens and purples of the Aurora Borealis are seen along the rest of the horizon.


Aurora Borealis Over the Midwest
In this image taken on Jan. 25, 2012, the Aurora Borealis steals the scene in this nighttime photograph shot from the International Space Station as the orbital outpost flew over the Midwest. The spacecraft was above south central Nebraska when the photo was taken. The image, taken at an oblique angle, looks north to northeast.

Pink Opaque
An extraordinary outburst produced by a black hole in a nearby galaxy has provided direct evidence for a population of old, volatile stellar black holes. The discovery, made by astronomers using data from NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, provides new insight into the nature of a mysterious class of black holes that can produce as much energy in X-rays as a million suns radiate at all wavelengths


Isn't it beautiful?
Picture was snipped from this video: Sad Piano Song


You know, star gazing is such a great hobby =)






Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anda nak komen? PILIHAN BIJAK! Sila, sila....